Thursday, July 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom

Today is my Mom's birthday....it would have been her 76th but I prefer to look at it like it is her 2nd birthday in heaven. She was the best Mom you could ever ask for. She was a warm, caring women...soft spoken unless you made her mad and then she didn't speak at all. (I do that too when I get mad and then it makes me think of my mom and how much I am like her) She was a strong christian woman who loved Jesus...her actions and her words told us that. She was a brave women when it came to the end...she was ready when she was called home. On this day especially, I miss her so much. I miss our phone conversations, I miss her rolling her eyes at something Dad said, I miss the way she would walk us to our car when we went to see her and how she would keep talking as if she didn't want us to go. I could say that I miss her brownies but my Dad has taken on the roll as the brownie baker. I will never forget the batch of brownies she made for us (or should I say made for Tony...she never really made them unless she knew Tony was coming to visit) and the shelf in her oven was cockeyed. Her brownies came out fat on one end and skinny on the other! They were still good! Oh, I do have great memories of my Mom! Happy Birthday Mom...I love you soooo much!

No comments: