Friday, June 27, 2008

New to this!

This is my first time "blogging" (is that a word?). We are standing in line, waiting to adopt our first child from China. It all started in the summer of 2006....we contacted an adoption agency and jumped on the boat! Our paperwork was finished in December of 2006 and was sent to China. The first big wait! What would our LID be? I prayed that we would get logged in before the end of the year and God is GOOD! He answered my prayers and our official LID became December 31, 2006! When we started this process the wait for the referral was 12-13 months. Since then, the wait time has become 29 months! We have been waiting almost 18 months now and really, it has gone fast but that doesn't make it any easier. I worry...how old am I going to be when I get this baby. Does it really matter? Anyhow, this starts my blog and I will try to do my best to keep it going. Sometimes it is hard when someone ask "Where are you at in the adoption?" and the only answer that I can give is "Still waiting" so I hope this will belp! My prayer is that God will continue to give me patience-it is all that I can ask for because I know that he has that one little perfect girl picked out for us and this will be in his timing.

4 comments:

miller said...

Hey Judy,

You guys hang in there. Good things happen to those who wait. Your day is coming, and we will be very happy for you...

Connie

Leonard said...

We are glad you have found a way to keep us up to date on the adoption process. Carol and I are on the go so much that we seldom get time to check with you.

bradnrobyn said...

time seems to fly...it will be here soon;) the anticipation i know has got to be killing you guys. We will keep you in our prayers for it all to come together soon!

gram&gramps said...

We are very proud of both of you for what your doing.
By that we mean "making us grand parents". You think the wait is long for you, Ha!!
We can't wait to get our hands on KaraLin, Grandma wants to hold and rock her, I want to SPOIL her rotten with LOVE.


We love you both:

Gram & Gramps